SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Electronic Eyepiece ( Newbie )

GPZarquon

Hi Everyone,

For a rather significant Birthday my Finance bought me a very nice

Bresser Messier AR-102/1000 Mon-2 Telescope :)

My first introduction to Astronomy...

After a couple of hours... it was all setup.. and i excitingly took it out to get the sighting scope aligned up...

Anyway... to cut a long story short... ( and after finding out where one of the nuts and clips went after installation ) I'm taking time learning how to operate it...

I am... ( quite obviously ) a complete Novice ! but looking forward to some good star gazing ( with Dinton Pastures a walkable distance from my house ).

So... I basically wanted to say.. HELLO... and ask the following question...

I'd love to get some of the images from the telescope to my laptop.. and i've been reading up on a variety of electronic eye pieces ( Bresser PC-Ocular and Orion Start Shoot )..

All seem to be out of stock and not compatible with Windows 7..

I also have an oldish Panasonic Lumix TZ3 camera, that might be a possibilty with the right mount...

So, tell me, for a limited Budget what are my best options... and can any electronic eye pieces / webcams work in conjunction with my existing eye pieces / lens ?

or am i looking at an eye piece replacement.. with at best.. using my 2X barlow lens ?

Many Many Thanks for anyone that wants to reply,

Cheers,

> Guy

Hi GPZARQUON,

And welcome to SGL, you need to place your thread in the astonomy / help or imaging section. This is the area for general non astro banter!.

Unfortunately I am a purely visual observer.

Cheers

Damian

• 2 weeks later...

im quite new to this and probably be corrected but the idea is to use the webcam as the eyepiece ,you need to unscrew the orginal lens out of the webcam to leave just the sensor showing in the webcam . then you need a 1.25" webcam eyepiece adaptor to either screw in to where you removed the original lens or make one buy cutting the end of a 35mm film case and taping it to webcam centering the sensor then you got a digital eyepiece. will only work on planets and the moon (with out a long exposure mod) the idea is to record a film then stack and align the frames with registax then play around and tweek the final image. loads of tutorials on here for it goodluck plus ebay always got adapted phillips webcams on it where i got mine.

Archived