Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Need some Eyepiece Wisdom

sulaco

Morning people,

I'm in need of some experienced opinion on a new eyepiece line up, at present I have a SW 25mm standard plossl, 15 & 10mm Vixen NPL and a Celestron 6mm standard plossl combined with a Revelation astro 2.5X Barlow.

I use these with my SW 130PM explorer for both DSO and planetary, finding that I need a wider view at low power and and a better quality high power I'm planning on changing my kit to The following:

24mm Baader Hyperion

15mm Vixen NPL

9mm Baader Orthoscopic

7mm Baader Orthoscopic

Revelation Astro 2.5X Barlow

I'm trying to avoid duplication power with the barlow and using EP's that are too powerful for the scope.

Any Opinions would be appreciated.

Hi Sulaco. Your revised lineup would appear sound to me. The only one i would reconsider would be the 24mm Hyperion. I have used it at f6 and it was ok, sharp till about the last 10-15% of the fov. I think your scope is an f5 so it would fare a lot worse. I actually found the 24mm the weakest in the Hyperion range. For around the same or maybe a little less a 25mm Televue plossl will easily out perform the Hyperion, albeit with a smaller fov.

Archived