Narrowband

The HEQ5 has higher precision motors than the EQ5, which means that it will track better for longer. However, you can get good images with a web cam or digital SLR camera (Canon range seem to be the preferred) with a 200P on an EQ5 syntrek or synscan goto system. The problem with the EQ5 mount's stability comes into question when adding guide scopes, and multiple cameras, in that it simply doesn't have the load carrying capacity of the HEQ5.

At the time of purchase, I could only afford my 200P on an EQ5 goto as the HEQ5 goto was too much money. However at the time I didn't know about EQMOD and the ability of driving a Syntrek mount from a computer, otherwise I would of opted for a 200P on an HEQ5 syntrek mount, especially now as I've built an observatory and want to do more imaging rather than visual.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived