Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

END OF THE ISS

robbie c

Oooh I don't know , come 2020 they'll be other forms of orbit payload delivery systems in place, cash strapped US of A

" Ebay Listing- 1x Space station, one careful owner , average mileage, full service history, sold as seen ,buyer collects -sorry no returns "

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's worth noting that every time i've heard the 'until 2020' date mentioned on NASA TV it's always been preceded by 'and probably/hopefully beyond'.

Still, will be a massive shame but what's the alternative? Don't see how we could bring it back down safely - and moving it all into an orbit free from atmospheric drag would require a huge Delta-V. Maybe with ion engines it would be possible... but nobody would consider it worth it when that money could be spent on making something new.

Weebz, yes Hubble orbit does decay. The shuttle gave it a boost whenever it went to service it. I guess last time they put it high enough to last until it ends its life. I think they put a rocket pack on it so that they can de orbit it when they need to. That really will be a sad day, particularly as I think they have cancelled the replacement.

Search for 'hubble orbit altitude' on google and the first listing seems to be a .pdf giving details

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Archived