Narrowband

In the dog house.... again!

mark993

I am the only one who keeps being put firmly in the dog house for buying near kit. I bought my first scope at the beginning of the year and after only 6 months and very little use (bad weather, not a lack of interest i must say) i have just bought a canon 1100D to do some AP and can anyone guess where i have ended up yet again.

I am just wondering if i am alone in this? :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have tried buying her something she Doesn't need? When I get something I always try to but my wife a something before hand so she can't complain. She still does but hey it lessens it a bit. BTW I just bought her a new car so I figure I am due something big too!!:)

Jon

I am the only one who keeps being put firmly in the dog house for buying near kit. I bought my first scope at the beginning of the year and after only 6 months and very little use (bad weather, not a lack of interest i must say) i have just bought a canon 1100D to do some AP and can anyone guess where i have ended up yet again.

I am just wondering if i am alone in this? :)

You are not alone, my Mrs says " you don't need anything else " I tell her " It's never ending due to upgrades and what have you "

There's a very easy - and perfectly honest - solution to this.

(although you might not like it!)

Just agree a monthly budget (each!) to set aside for "hobby" spending, and set up standing orders to transfer said amounts into separate accounts or (in my case) a dedicated PayPal account.

I've never budgeted for anything in my life before :) but I've been amazed how quickly the fund builds up and so I can buy - guilt free - some very nice things, even though we've got a family to feed :eek:

Great Bear got a very good point there, i got a 21ft fishing boat (well shares in with 2 brothers) we both put in £20 a month into a bank account which is just for the boat, then when we need something "boat related" fishing tackle, engine parts, service etc the money is there, been working very well for the last year and have no need to use our "own" money.

Also it's our own fault with such good bargins in the "for sell" section what chance have we got!

We are "saving" for our wedding at the moment, so any new kit is pretty much off the cards until after December 2013! My only hope is that this excludes Birthday / Christmas presents!

I put "saving" in quotes because what I really mean is paying off existing debts... :)

Woof Woof

Pant Pant Pant

Groooowl

If the other half put you in the dog house why not try the following

1, Wag you tail about when in the house

2, give her a good licking

3, better avoid lifting your leg when near the door frame :)

Good luck

lol love it

We are "saving" for our wedding at the moment, so any new kit is pretty much off the cards until after December 2013! My only hope is that this excludes Birthday / Christmas presents!

I put "saving" in quotes because what I really mean is paying off existing debts... :)

Remember its really important to get a good photographer. *cough*eyecandyphotographic*cough*

A nice refractor would make a smashing wedding present!!

Just tell the other half "wow, look what i found in the loft :D", a couple of year ago i was rummaging around in the loaf, and you wouldn't believe what i found behind the water tank, a 10ins newtonian, and it was still in it's box :)

Just keep an eye open when the wife comes home from a bit of retail therapy, I,ve caught the Enemy sneaking a pair of shoes up the stairs where she was going to hide them, so every time i get something i've got some ammunition to shoot back with.

Well it seems that she is unimportant enough that you don't consider her.

after only 6 months and very little use (bad weather, not a lack of interest i must say)

You have blown £330-£380 on a camera for a hobby that you have already said don't get much chance of doing. Also haven't exactly been overly eager to do any.

Exactly what did you expect?

Actually yuh, last year I had a bonus and guess what I spent it on? Yup, my first scope... Doghouse? Yup!

I mean what? I'm a grown up, I always wanted one, and I earned it! The best thing to do with a doghouse is fit a slide off roof and keep your scope in it. Simples.

P. S. Dont show my wife this....

Just tell the other half "wow, look what i found in the loft :D", a couple of year ago i was rummaging around in the loaf, and you wouldn't believe what i found behind the water tank, a 10ins newtonian, and it was still in it's box :)

hehe this tickled me somehting rotten! :eek:

Archived