Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pluto 4 Earth 1

Cloudwatcher

This is probably old news but I've just read that the HST has confirmed a forth moon in orbit around Pluto.

Seems a bit unfair really.

Theres this dwarf planet out there in the back of beyond with four moons to be seen whilst were stuck with one! :)

Wouldn't it be good to have Enceladus as a Moon of Earth.

Not that I'm unhappy with our Moon, but Enceladus is a very exciting prospect for prospecting. Possible life forms in it's deep ocean. We should ask Saturn for a swap.:)

Ron.

What a great idea! Start negotiations right away,Ron.

Course,we will want a guarantee that it won't melt into a slushy snowball when it gets here.:)

Thinking about it,that might not be all bad.......... we could end up as a ringed planet! :eek:

Thinking about it,that might not be all bad.......... we could end up as a ringed planet! :)

Wouldn't the ring wreck imaging, though? I mean, it'd always be there.

We could just make Slush Puppies out of it.

Wouldn't it be good to have Enceladus as a Moon of Earth.

Not that I'm unhappy with our Moon, but Enceladus is a very exciting prospect for prospecting. Possible life forms in it's deep ocean. We should ask Saturn for a swap.:)

Ron.

Wouldn’t be too good for astronomy though. Isn’t Enceladus really white and reflective (whereas the moon is dark grey), meaning that the sky would be lit up like a flood light. :eek:

What a great idea! Start negotiations right away,Ron.

Course,we will want a guarantee that it won't melt into a slushy snowball when it gets here.:eek:

Thinking about it,that might not be all bad.......... we could end up as a ringed planet! :)

Well CW, I thought about the ice, and of course it would melt, but then it would save having to hack a way through it to get to the good bits. Think of the fun Terra Forming it too, and what a place for a holiday come 2510.:) It might take a couple of hundred more years than 2510 though :):rolleyes::).

Ron,cancel the order!

Just realised how small Enceladus is..........:eek:

It would fit into the Sea of Tranquillity,no probes!

How about Europa? Closer to home,almost the same size as our Moon and seems to cover most of your criteria........:)

post-13495-133877639789_thumb.jpg

Ron,cancel the order!

Just realised how small Enceladus is..........:eek:

It would fit into the Sea of Tranquillity,no probes!

How about Europa? Closer to home,almost the same size as our Moon and seems to cover most of your criteria........:)

OK, Enceladus to be sent back under warranty. Too small for purpose.

Order submitted for Europa.

I thought we were told to leave Europa alone, as per instruction in the 2010 movie.

Archived