SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cumbria 3 .....

Oh my word I am spoiling you all - The ice is in the freezer. Wow's arn't I organised.

Tom I am so sorry I just assumed we would all be at work today. Duh... next time we could do this though if it would be something we want to do.

Thanks Callisto - you must get to a CSP at some point.

Do you know I don't think I will be able to sleep tonight. Still need to go to asda... does anyone need anything? Will log on again before I go.

Speak soon

Nina

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Nina, I am just getting excited about CSP3 (As you know, I have never really grown up - still a flaxen haired 8 year old little boy in many ways, thank goodness).

Nothing needed at ASDA, if we need anything for tomorrow evening, then we can always drop over there and get it then.

I will pack the car tomorrow morning (probably after a poor nights sleep - too excited) and head off about midday - so should be down to yours about 1.30pm.

Ice in the freezer Nina? Guess I better bring some white wine then, if I know You and Val the white wine will be a necessity : )-

I think I will head for bed now - need all the beauty sleep I can get.

Love

Tom xx

Hi Everyone,all setup and not a star seen alnight!!!! Midges very active,not a bad morning clear over the lakes,dull and misty n/ne no wind.

Field is very wet (long grass) waterproof footwear advised,yard dry,swallows putting on a great display,safe journey to all will have the kettle on,

ATB

Mike

Just got up, so am stumbling about thinking about packing the car. Down to CSP3 about 1.30pm.

Sorry you can't make it this time David, but we will see you at Galloway.

Weather forecast completely changed from last night, now suggests cloud for tonight/tomorrow and a wee bit of drizzle :rolleyes:

Oh well, c'est la vie. I hate camping in wet weather.

Anyway, off to start loading the car.

Tom

Car largely loaded. And I mean LOADED.

14" Flextube GOTO, Berlebach + Skytee, 4" fract + white light filter, Solarmax 60, 2 powertanks, eyepieces, 15x70 and 20x80 binoculars, tent, 2 sleeping bags (it may get chilly), blow up mattress, beer, winr and "Scottish amber fluid".

Still to load: Laptop, projector + speakers, ext'n cable, camera bag, clothes .... oh, and ME.

Phew - will need a sleep after loading all that. The poor car is groaning.

I think the astro kit loaded inside the car may be worth more than the car itself.

Tom

Just getting organized as well, it looks like the weather forecast has taken a bit of a nosedive..... mmm .... better pack more beer!!

:)

Have fun guys, sorry I cant make this one, got 3 months notice from work so watching the pennies, although I will be heading for Galloway in September.

Sorry you can't make it mate, I can't make Galloway this year but I'll hopefully get a chance to catch up with you at a CSOG event sometime soon!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

What fotcast are you's looking at ? The ones I've looked at look ok.

I'd just looked at metcheck quickly but your right Kathleen Met Office is showing clear skies!! We will go with that one I think!! :)

See you there Steve and Kathleen, I will have some beer and wine chilling in the fridge.

Good stuff Tom!! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Right then, I'm downing a coffee and then the stepson and I will start loading up the astrotrolley and getting ourselves down to the train.

Nina, you haven't changed your phone number? If not, ill call you when we get to Carlisle station.

Looking forward to seeing you guys later today!

Alan

Good luck everyone with the party, don't worry about the weather, you'll have a great time anyway :rolleyes:

Englishman/Oz/et all, be careful of the Scotish men bearing bottles of irregular Malts...

Consider yourselves warned.. :)

Englishman/Oz/et all, be careful of the Scotish men bearing bottles of irregular Malts...

Consider yourselves warned.. :rolleyes:

That's us on the way see you all in 2 hours max! Would've been quicker but had to stop for some Scottish water (hic)! ;-) :-)

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

We're all here - I had an expensive saga relating to tentpoles, but thanks to Nina and Tom (and a visit to an outdoor $hop) saw me with a new tent.

All set up, watching the clouds grudgingly think about clearing with some food on the barbecue.

Alan

Hey guys, glad you are wasted together, also hilarious that inky forgot his tent poles :rolleyes: - Alan, you are so gonna get slated hahhahhaha £100 for a place to stay, hey man, I have to hope you and yer trolley get better accommodation at G.S.C. and you get a lift

David

Archived