SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cumbria 3 .....

Hi, I think the way Google Earth shows it, I am to the right. The one with a recovery wagon in quite a wide drive way. I am sure there are a few cars in the drive also.

We will be camping in te fields to the rear of the house. I will go on Google Earth now. I should have done that first but to tell you the truth it makes me feel a bit woozy, my kiddies say it gives me travel sickness :).

Will get back soon.

Alan, PM Mike, he may not be reading the thread. I am sure we can get you from the station again, what could we do with your Dob though, should Mike not be able to bring yourself or the Dob over? We should think of a plan B just incase. I know Mike's car gets packed pretty full.

Speak soon

Nina

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick one as we are now 15 including Val and I. I think we are getting close to maximum numbers. I know we could accomodate more, but would we all rather it be a small gathering ?? Let me know what you think. I suppose we could have a couple more.

If anyone is still interested please get in touch soon as I think we should at tleast limit numbes to 20.

Anyhoo let me know what you think

By the way I checked some weather websites today and dare I say the weather looks good.

Speak to you all soon,

Can't wait

Val and Nina

Hi Nina,

15 or so seems a good number to me. It keeps the intimate, frendly feel to your Star Party. Everyone mixes well and gets to know one another. So, I hope you keep the numbers to around this.

As for the weather - I hope you are right, as I haven't had any night time astronomy (only some Solar on sunny days) since the last Cumbria Star Party, so I am suffering from withdrawal symptoms.

Give my love to Val and I look forward to seeing you both.

Tom

Hi Val, its very unlikely I'll make C3... I'll PM you to confirm this over the weekend.

If your getting crowded it only right to tell you this now. :)

Enjoy all its a fabulous place and event..

Hi Everyone,

Arn't we all going to have a great time. In the next couple of days I will email you all to make sure we are all happy and to see who would like bacon butties etc.

Val and I still have an electrical lead here that was left after C2. If I do not mention it over the course of C3 remind me to get it from the house.

I have my Mum's "meterorite" also. Can we magnet test it?

Better dash, looking forwad to next weekend so much. Thankyou all for coming.

Speak to you all soon

Nina

Xx

Been preparing for next weekend. So:

Sleeping bag aired

Power tanks charging

Tent unpacked, erected in back garden then taken down

Liver rested : )

Going to read a book in the back garden and catch some sunshine, then off to the Gym.

Tom

Hello,

We also are starting to prepare here. One thing I must mention quickly is that as it is the school holidays I cannot get those hard plastic seats we had last time. We will need to bring our own this time. Sorry.

All will be pretty much the same as the last parties. Can anyone think of anything that they would like changed or added?

Looking forward to it. Hope you are aswell.

See you soon

Nina and Val

Wow! Clear weather forecast for the Saturday night of CSP3.

Hmm, do I take the 14" Flextube GOTO or the 8" LX90? Space suggests the SCT, but lack of dark skies since May suggests the 14". M81 & M82, side by side in the FOV of a 31mm Nagler is beckoning, as is M13 in a 10mm Ethos. Both fantastic views in the 14".

Okay, you talked me into it - I take the 14". I will also take a Solarmax60 and 4" fract (with white light filter) to put on the Skytee. Oh, and 15x70 and 20x80 binoculars. Sorted.

Also lappy + projector + DVDs + speakers. Powertanks, eyepiece case, tent, sleeping bag etc ..... beer/wine. Food? (nah, who needs it).

Tom

Who, me? Good point Kathleen - I guess I better leave the driver's seat free in the car so that I can squeeze in beside the mountain of gear. Can't wait to get some clear, dark skies for "The Beast" to feed on. Cumbria and the 14" beckon.

Tom

4 days and counting. Whoop Whoop.

We too are getting ready for the weekend. We now have a fridge freezer.

I am now organising the electical points in the communal area. Tom can you remember how we done that? I think we used my extension from the shed next door didn't we?

I have bought a nice new white sheet for the projector. Bbq is now in our little communal area. Red light in the toilet.

I am now searching for a lamp that we can use in our little communal area. Robbie let us use his last time but he cannot make this one. The lights in our area are far too bright to use and the bulbs are huge cannot get red lights into there. It seems we will get some viewing in this weekend so we cannot risk our dark eyes using the lights. *** Clear Skies ***

Better dash, promised the family a full cooked breakfast this morning and I hear them all starting to wake.

See you all soon

Nina

All systems go here at the moment too! I'm expecting a 4" refractor to be delivered tomorrow or Friday and am still dithering about the dob - going to PM Mike and ask if he can squeeze it into his vehicle on his way past, but if not, I expect the stepson and I will wrestle it past grumpy train conductors.

Really looking forward to it - astro trolley will make itself useful again!

Herakles - gonna miss you and WackyScot, but I'll take loads of photos with this new camera of mine.

Not long now!

Alan

Yep Alan, not long now - and the weather farecast is still okay. The wonders of the British weather will not cease.

The Dob gives you more light gathering - tell Mike that you will straddle the roofrack and to ensure it goes in the car.

See you on Saturday.

Tom (the less raucous Scot - but still with a bottle of Highland Park).

Archived