Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

wackyscot

BOBS KNOBS

Hi all, my Bobs Knobs for newt 8" primary arrived this morning. There are 3 small plastic collars that came with them, just wondering where they go, i.e. on the long screws or the short screws.

David

DOH - just read a small label which reads "Short screws with spacers replace phillips screws, Long screws replace Allen set (grub) screw"

ALWAYS READ THE LABEL hehehehehe

DAVID

I was thinking of getting some myself. Did you buy them from a dealer in the UK or order them directly from Bob?

Tom.

Always read the instructions! I'm forever telling people that - but I must admit to failure to read them or ignoring what they say! One reason may be that most things are made abroad and the 'English' is usually a transliteration of the original language. Frustration results!!

I was thinking of getting some myself. Did you buy them from a dealer in the UK or order them directly from Bob?

Tom.

Bought them straight from his website in America. Ordered on

Saturday 16th, arrived today. Around £16.00

David

Always read the instructions! I'm forever telling people that - but I must admit to failure to read them or ignoring what they say! One reason may be that most things are made abroad and the 'English' is usually a transliteration of the original language. Frustration results!!

In my case it was just a "SENIOR MOMENT" hehehehe

David

I ordered mine direct from Bob and received them in about 5 working days. Adjusting the primary is so much easier compared to messing about with screwdrivers and allen keys :-) Well worth it.

Got em on my dob. Good value and superb service.

Got em on my dob. Good value and superb service.

Yeah well worth the money and great service as you guys suggest, ah well here goes trying out my collimation skills lol

David

Edited by wackyscot

Bought them straight from his website in America. Ordered on

Saturday 16th, arrived today. Around £16.00

David

Sounds easy. I'll go ahead and order. Thanks.

Any chance someone could post a link to the site - might help future folks when searching..

Home There you go.

If you are unsure about anything and have a question, just send a message to Bob, he answers you back very quickly indeed :)

Edited by callisto

Does anyone know off hand which length is needed for a Skywatcher 8" dob for the secondary? thanks

Just received and fitted Bob's Knobs on the secondary on my 300p. I filed the ends smooth before fitting and I'm very pleased with them, so I'll order another set for the 150.

Does anyone know off hand which length is needed for a Skywatcher 8" dob for the secondary? thanks

Don't know about the 8" but the 30mm fitted my 12" fine, with adjustment to spare.

Edited by tbird

Do they sell ones for the secondary (on a 200p) ? One of the allen keys is worn away and is unadjustable...

Wp

Edited by whirlpool5194
spelling

was there any tax / customes charge on them at all david?

Hi Gareth - it doesn't appear so, I just went through the paypal checkout on the website it converted the cost from dollars etc and that's it, no extra charges

David

Hi Gareth - it doesn't appear so, I just went through the paypal checkout on the website it converted the cost from dollars etc and that's it, no extra charges

David

.... until the goods arrive in UK. That's when the robbing baskits, er HMRC I mean, will hammer you for some duty.

From HMRC website :

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco,

perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

don't have to pay Excise Duty may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135

will have to pay Import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £18

Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if

the amount of duty calculated is £9 or under.

Ordered mine on Saturday 30th July, delivered on following Saturday. No customs charges. 30mm length is more than long enough. Fitted to primary and secondary in a few minutes. Excellent addition to my dob :smiley:

.... until the goods arrive in UK. That's when the robbing baskits, er HMRC I mean, will hammer you for some duty.

Nope, there are no charges for these items(as yet) :smiley:

Mine just arrived. No import charges. Great product and makes life easier.