Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

BOBS KNOBS

wackyscot

Always read the instructions! I'm forever telling people that - but I must admit to failure to read them or ignoring what they say! One reason may be that most things are made abroad and the 'English' is usually a transliteration of the original language. Frustration results!!

I was thinking of getting some myself. Did you buy them from a dealer in the UK or order them directly from Bob?

Tom.

Bought them straight from his website in America. Ordered on

Saturday 16th, arrived today. Around £16.00

David

Always read the instructions! I'm forever telling people that - but I must admit to failure to read them or ignoring what they say! One reason may be that most things are made abroad and the 'English' is usually a transliteration of the original language. Frustration results!!

In my case it was just a "SENIOR MOMENT" hehehehe

David

Just received and fitted Bob's Knobs on the secondary on my 300p. I filed the ends smooth before fitting and I'm very pleased with them, so I'll order another set for the 150.

Does anyone know off hand which length is needed for a Skywatcher 8" dob for the secondary? thanks

Don't know about the 8" but the 30mm fitted my 12" fine, with adjustment to spare.

was there any tax / customes charge on them at all david?

Hi Gareth - it doesn't appear so, I just went through the paypal checkout on the website it converted the cost from dollars etc and that's it, no extra charges

David

Hi Gareth - it doesn't appear so, I just went through the paypal checkout on the website it converted the cost from dollars etc and that's it, no extra charges

David

.... until the goods arrive in UK. That's when the robbing baskits, er HMRC I mean, will hammer you for some duty.

From HMRC website :

If you order or send purchased goods other than alcohol, tobacco,

perfume and toilet water from a country outside the EU then you:

don't have to pay Excise Duty may have to pay Customs Duty on goods with a value that exceeds £135

will have to pay Import VAT on goods with a value that exceeds £18

Note that on all goods from outside the EU, Customs Duty is waived if

the amount of duty calculated is £9 or under.

Archived