Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

BST Explorer EP

Jandy100

I have the Evostar 120mm Refractor, 1000mm tube (F8.33), and have SW Super Plossl EP's (10mm, 17mm, 25mm & 32mm).

I am looking to get an EP that can give better lunar & planetary views than my existing EP's. I have seen reviews on a Baader Hyperion but as a beginner I don't want to go to that expense just yet.

I have seen on Sky's the limit the BST Explorer that has excellent reviews and significantly more affordable. They come in 5, 8, 12, 15, 18 & 25mm but my scope has max useful magnification of 240X.

Can anyone recommend which size would suit the scope?

Thanks

Andy

You could get the 5mm (200x) and 8mm (125x) so that they compliment your plossls and remove the need to use the barlow for high power (which is probably the weakest link in your set).

With your scope the plossls should work pretty well so I'm not sure your money would be well spent in replacing those.

You could get the 5mm (200x) and 8mm (125x) so that they compliment your plossls and remove the need to use the barlow for high power (which is probably the weakest link in your set).

With your scope the plossls should work pretty well so I'm not sure your money would be well spent in replacing those.

Just tweaking what John said. You could go with the 5mm BST and a 6mm (167x) or 7mm (143x) TMB Planetary clone also from Skies the Limit.

Archived