Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First Ha image

Albireo380

I have just got a Solarmax II 60 BF10 and with the weather being so good this weekend have been trying it out.

I am please with the views of prominences, filaments and granulation, but imaging was in my mind when I got the scope.

My first image is attached. Nothing great (in comparison to many other images on this forum), but I am pleased with it as a first, single DSLR image.

From what I can tell (as a beginner solar imager) there is another learning curve ahead of me. :)

Tom

post-12881-133877638072_thumb.jpg

I hope you don't mind but I had a quick look at the image. There is very little detail in the red channel which tells me the image is overexposed for any surface detail. All of the detail in a Ha image is held in the red channel. I normally shoot two images one exposed for the prom and one for the surface typically they are about 1-2 stops difference. On the upside the focus is pretty good and the image is better than my first attempt :)

I've split the image into the component colours and ended up using what detail there was in in the G and B channels to create a surface and the red channel for the proms and produced this recoloured version. The noise in the background is from processing the low res 8 bit jpg.

img_7792-ps1-crop-small.jpg

Archived