Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

celestron 9.25

faulksy

Hi,

I had the c9.25 OTA on an EQ6 pro mount until a couple of years ago and swapped for a CPC925GPS.

I'd recommend a focal reducer/corrector for a wider field of view on visual, or if you intend to image anything other than the planets and moon, for a wider corrected brighter image for deep sky or wide field. I also use a WO 2" dielectric diagonal with a GSO Crayford focuser, but not when using the focal reducer as the 'scope won't come to focus if I do (I have to use my standard visual back and celestron 1 1/2" diagonal with the focal reducer). I also use a red dot finder which I find useful to get the scope onto the alignment stars before using the finder scope and eyepiece.

All of the accessories I mention were used on the C9.25 and transferred over to the CPC925GPS.

Brinders

i have been looking at these. do you get true "2 opening with "2 pieces i no it says on spec list can use either. thanks mate

I believe Celeston claim the C9.25 was designed with 2" eyepieces in mind, but, yes, you can use either equally well!

Brinders

Not really an upgrade but I have found the Baader Hyperion MkIII Zoom to be very good on this scope.

I also have plans (well they're on my shopping list) for

Feather Touch Focuser -http://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/acatalog/Starlight_Instruments_Feathertouch_Microfocuser_Celestron_CPC925.html

WO Diagonal -

Starlight Instruments Feathertouch Microfocuser Celestron CPC925

I believe Celeston claim the C9.25 was designed with 2" eyepieces in mind, but, yes, you can use either equally well!

Brinders

thanks for clearing that up mate.whats the most mag you have used on a good night ?:)

I've had a 925 for about 6 months now and am very happy with it. After a few months of use it's now being upgraded whilst the Scottish nights are too bright. I'm mainly an imaging person, but do enjoy the odd visual session. My upgrades / accessories so far are:

- Celestron f6.3 reducer

- Bob's Knobs collimation screws

- Baader solar film

- SI Feathertouch focusser (still waiting for this one)

The rest of my kit is in my signature.

thanks for clearing that up mate.whats the most mag you have used on a good night ?:)

I can usually get away with using my Baader Hyperion 8mm most nights which will give a magnification of almost 300x. Occasionally, I can use the same eyepiece with a 2x barlow (usually my 2" skywatcher ED, although I also have a TAL).

With my Neximage (which I think is equal to a 6mm eyepiece) I have got good images of the moon and Jupiter using a 2x barlow stacked with another TAL 2X with the lens removed, so acting as an extension tube, which increases the focal length by about three times, so I guess that would be a magnification of a whopping x1175! However, the image would be too mushy for visual, but using Registax to use the best frames enabled me to produce the image of Jupiter in my profile picture.

Brinders

Archived