SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Starparty @ Kelling in September

Kai

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be there - Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Pitch 156.

I've got an airbed, fold up table and chair and a cable thing to plug into power supply. Tent and sleeping bag still in planning stages. I'm sure there must be more I need.

Mike

I`ll be there Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday (leaving Monday), although I have to rush off for a particularly badly timed wedding on the Saturday in Thetford (back in the evening).

I have started a web page with peoples names, pitch numbers, attending days, etc. If you post in this thread, I`ll add the info to the following page:

Click Here for Kelling Heath Star Party Info, Sept 2007

If you want a picture of yourself added, just so we dont get the funny looks of people wandering up and down trying to work out who is who, PM me with a pic or a link to a pic, and i`ll add that.

I`ll be adding people from the UKAI forum as well

Inded it is.... oh, btw, Kai mentioned to me earlier this week that Kelling does have WiFi access, but only in the "village square", £4/hour, £7 for two hours. If only I had enough time and kit to set up a directional wifi antenna, a linux box, and a local access point around my tent ;-)

Dont forget the cakes :D:lol:

Unfortunately, Mrs MikeP doesn't do tents (caravans are a different matter) so she won't be joining us. However, rest assured that she will be providing me with a supply of cakes to bring along.

Mike

If the weather forecast looks good for the main weekend, I might take the caravan up there, and stay for two or three nights.

As pretty much all my gear is installed in the obs, I'd make it just a social visit, and a 'mooch' around the 'trade stands' on the Saturday. Albeit, I'd probably bring the PST and the 15x70 Bins.

Other than that, just a day trip on the Saturday, I guess.

Personal preference I know, but as I said previously, I preferred the event when it was held in Thetford Forest.

Dave

i will prob go in april i think

Norfolk is not too far from me, hopefully i will have a bigger car thn my ford fiesta!

I used to have a 10" Newt on a Fullercopes MKIII mount - that used to fit in an (old) mini. Fiesta, seats down = loads a room!!!

I'm going Friday, Saturday, Sunday return home Monday. Should be fun.

Ant

You should have seen the amount of gear we had in the back of Grant's 306 going to and from SGL3. His 10" OTA, my 8" plus mount, camping gear, 4 stroke generator, other odds & sods and we had his ED80 and EQ6 to put in there on the way back!!!

Tony..

and we had his ED80 and EQ6 to put in there on the way back!!!

Tony..

Grant mentioned that, he had a plan if it wouldn't fit... You were going to have to walk :D

Ant

Pfft. If he'd done that, I would have got home before him with his so-called satnav! :lol:.

Tony..

No one offering pics of themselves for the web page? Or details of which pitch they are on? I`m disappointed not surprised :D

Fixed.

Do you seriously want my fizzog gurning out from that page? I wouldn't. You know where I am, I'll be the one throwing grapes or something similar from the other side of the road.

Tony..

One of my biggest social issues is (and always has been) putting names to faces (and remembering them again afterwards), and found it really hard at the Welsh SP to work out who was who. It was even worse for me at the Spring SP because I was an utter nob at that point, had got my NS8GPS about a week or two before, and was quite nervousabout attending. I am sure there will be a few others like that attending for the first time, and being able to put names to faces will make them less nervous, more chatty, and make them more likely to come and say hello if they see a face they know from here. I am asking the same from the UKAI members.

So, post your mugshots! No excuses... if you think you will scare off the natives, only come out of your tent when it gets dark :D

Steve (Kai)..!

I'm going ...Along with Steve (The small one..).. :p

Is the offer of the TT still open..??

Of course it is :lol:

Its all packed and waiting to go now it knows the way :lol:

Do want the top bunk or the bottom bunk :D

Archived