sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

I put an wanted add on astrobuysell for a 250pds but the lack of replies suggests that the owners are far happier with their scopes than these forums may suggest. Guess I'll just have to buy a nice new one .... what a shame.

So, do I get the 250pds or the new 250 quattro f4 (not the CF). I read about the advantages of the new quattro but wonder if there are any disadvantages in having a f4 reflector.

I have brought an NEQ6 but have nothing to put on it and my main interest is visual with some photography.

Can image with both but if it was me, and I could afford it, I'd go for the carbon fibre quattro. Thought here is a lot of difference in the pricing and if you aren't going to do that much imaging then the 250pds would be sufficient.

hi i owned an Altair F4 200m newt before, then bought a F4.9 250pds. From visual perspective there was a lot of coma at edges on F4, so not the greatest view if that bothers you. i'm more than happy with the 250pds as good comprimise over size/weight/apeture and performance

If you went for the f/4 you would also need a coma corrector and top end eyepieces to get the best out of it. If money is not a concern, it would give you a potentially wider field of view with the same light grasp and be easier to mount on your EQ6.