Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Moon this morning

Great shot - out of interest, how did you find out exactly what the plane and route were?

Thanks,

Total luck! I was up earlier in the morning looking at the moon thinking whether to get my equipment out or not, I saw an airliner at high altitude scoot past, but not close at all - and as I have always thought, I'd love to get a shot when a plane passes by right in front.

Later in the morning I decided to shoot a few pics and was focusing and composing the shot with a 400mm lens when the plane just shot past so quickly pressed the shutter a few times.

Total luck with the plane really but you can partially plan it and hope they cross at some stage as it's a regular flight path.

Otherwise I'm about 12 miles to the east of the southern runway at Heathrow so have them passing overhead very low every two mins! :)

Hi Pepper - whay I meant was, how did you find out this:

or are you really a plane spotter! :)

Ha - Thanks :) - not a plane spotter at all :eek:

There is a really interesting website called FlightRadar24.com where you can follow aircraft, and in this case even set a date and time in the last few days and see what was flying over your house.

Amazing technology :)

Ha - Thanks :) - not a plane spotter at all :)

There is a really interesting website called FlightRadar24.com where you can follow aircraft, and in this case even set a date and time in the last few days and see what was flying over your house.

Amazing technology :headbang:

This site is incredible.

Archived