Bubble Nebula Narrowband

Dave Moulton

Hello Dave .... Lovely image ... and that bubble peeking through the clouds is sublime. The detail in that area is very good also giving a 3D effect. Colour is also good.

I'm with Dennis though .... the stars are very faint.

Thanks for the comments

The camera used is a QSI 583WS and Astrodon Narrowband filters.

Dennis, Mick. Thanks for the comments, I see what you mean, I will have a go at turning the lights on with regard to star brighhtness. It a processing fault of mine which I neeed to improve. I do agree with you though.

I will post an updated image to the original at the thread start point a bit later

Cheers and thanks for your recent help Mick

Dave

Right version number goodness knows what has now been posted to the top of the thread .

This version has has a little bit of layer mask sharpening plus unsharp mask to the brighter stars thanks to Dennis fortjhe tip. The Photoshop shadow and highlight tool has been used in the colour correction mode to lift the colour a littel while not adding too much to the noise level.

As ususal though there is no substitute for getting enough signal in the first place just threee hours of data in strong moonlight will always be a struggle.

Thanks to all for their comments and help

Weather is for clear skies for tonight but I am booked on the river for some night time fly fishing for Sea Trout, it creates a problem, not sure who is going to win

Dave

Dave

Just to make sure is the bubble nebula the soap bubble nebula ? When I did a quick search they bring up different reference numbers NGC 6822 & PN G75.5+1.7

Great image BTW

SPACEBOY

This post moved to this thread at the request of Spaceboy.

Barkis.

Just to make sure is the bubble nebula the soap bubble nebula ? When I did a quick search they bring up different reference numbers NGC 6822 & PN G75.5+1.7

Great image BTW

SPACEBOY

This post moved to this thread at the request of Spaceboy.

Barkis.

You are correct the are two different objects

Hi Dave

Excellent capture, I won't repeat the comments that have already been mentioned about the stars, but I have a comment based on when i took an image of this and that is the very bright central part of the bubble, this bit has a nice bit of detail and may be worth selecting this with the lasso tool, feathering and inverting the selection so that when you stretch the image this area is held back, it will have to be done earlier in the processing but it will give another dimension to the bubble

Best wishes

Gordon

Hi Dave

Excellent capture, I won't repeat the comments that have already been mentioned about the stars, but I have a comment based on when i took an image of this and that is the very bright central part of the bubble, this bit has a nice bit of detail and may be worth selecting this with the lasso tool, feathering and inverting the selection so that when you stretch the image this area is held back, it will have to be done earlier in the processing but it will give another dimension to the bubble

Best wishes

Gordon

Thanks Gordon. Ill give that s try later

Archived