Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Webcam advice SPC880

Ok, iv just taken advantage of the offer at morgans and ordered a SPC880 and eye peice adapter-however i didnt realize you need a IR/UV filter also? so i will have to order more..is it worth ordering the software too flash this too 900 at the same time? im running windows 7.

ok thanks guys im going to order a filter then, not sure i can strech to a flashed one also, i really couldent affored to begin with but was ti cheap to miss!, but i had no idea about the filter and that already nearly doubles the price.

I imagine they are going to be swamped by orders for SPC880's so the chances of them already having it in the post is low. I would get onto them first thing or send an email saying you want the SPC880 bundle.

If on the off chance you wake up to find it on your mat in the morning you could always post a thread to see if there is anyone local to you who could flash it for you. Failing that send it me with some stamps for return postage and I'll flash it for you :BangHead:

SPACEBOY

It will flash using Windows 7. I did everythg on mine in Windows 7 and use Windows 7 to capture, control my mount, control my camera and run planetarium software all from a netbook. I only transfer captured images for processing onto a 64 bit Vista machine because it's got the power to handle the images quickly. Haven't even got XP. So dn't worry, flash it yourself or use 900 drivers -same difference.

So glad I waited, was gonna get my cam last week. Big thanks for posting this. 1 pre-flashed web cam bundle ordered.

If you can cancle the order the bundle has everything you need except a cap to protect your filter and should work out cheaper than buying it all seperately

Buy Philips Pre flashed SPC880 CCD webcam bundle at Morgan Computers

If you do want to go it alone then the best tutorial I have found for flashing the camera your self is here

http://www.astronomyshed.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2724&sid=08efc7fa4be4e6c1d7169de0d54c9cd2

Thanks for the advice everyone:) the package has been posted, they said i can send it back - but i think if i do this the offer will probably be over by the time i have been refunded.

Im going to go ahead and order a filter-i noticed they are selling upgrade for £2.50.

"Additional charge to flash firmware to SPC900 - Flash"

Will i need to also order this? or would the links on that tutorial do everything i need without the need for this upgrade.

Thank you for the kind offer spaceboy:) I will try and do it myself but if i cant get it right will gladly take you up on that offer- its much appreciated :BangHead:.

Thanks for the advice everyone:) the package has been posted, they said i can send it back - but i think if i do this the offer will probably be over by the time i have been refunded.

Im going to go ahead and order a filter-i noticed they are selling upgrade for £2.50.

"Additional charge to flash firmware to SPC900 - Flash"

Will i need to also order this? or would the links on that tutorial do everything i need without the need for this upgrade.

Thank you for the kind offer spaceboy:) I will try and do it myself but if i cant get it right will gladly take you up on that offer- its much appreciated :BangHead:.

The additional charge for firmware means they flash it for you before it is dispatched ;)

It's no problem for me to flash it for you but if Spikey is correct then it may pay you to get savvy on doing it yourself in case you should buy another in the future. I was under the impression it could only be done on XP but the IT geeks out there have no doubt wrote a program for it to be done on W7 now. If it's anything like XP it can be done in seconds.

If you order the bundle use the discount code "MORG5" at the checks for a 5% discount. It only works on the bundle, not if you buy each bit seperatley. Saved me the grand sum of £1.70!

too late now tom unfortunatly iv oordered and its been dispatched:( still a bargin though:)

Thats a good point spaceboy-i think its good too try and learn, and things like this i will need to be able to do if i ever start imaging seriously, i think this will be easy compared to that:) fingers crossed that tutorial works the same in windows 7:)

Hello everyone, I've just received my SPC880 from Morgans this morning, but sadly I didn't know or realise that in order for me to view or record the nights sky it had to be flashed. I also didn't realise that it needed a filter and a webcam adapter, I am now an unhappy bunny. So what should be my next course of action???? Thank you all in advance.

You can flash it yourself but you need an XP system to do this. The software and instructions to do it should be on Morgans website on the same page as the camera.

I'll find you a link to a step by step guide and driver link published by another member here. :BangHead:

Archived