Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

recommend me some Binos

Going camping down in South West France in around 3 weeks and unfortunately I don't realistically have space to put in a scope and mount, we will be bulging at the seems as it is.

With this in mind I want to invest in some bins to take with me and observe the sky on an evening. It has been years since I bought any bins and anyone who owns a pair they rate I would appreciate a pointer

ta.

yeah those Celestrons look really nice. 15x70 is ideal I think

They are very good, you may need to use a tripod as they are only just useable handheld but I find when sitting I can handle them.

Hope you have some soon, enjoy France!

When in France its got to be wine ;), we had a visit a few years back, I took my 6se, was a treat but I must admit I was somewhat confused by the difference in the night sky...so many stars! :BangHead: took me a while to get my bearings.

Well I've had a pair of Revelation 20x80's come today [about 80 odd quid] and I'm impressed as a wee upgrade from the 15x70's I've recently replaced. Not too much bigger, certainly hand-holdable for some time as even the Mrs has been using them, but to be sure really nice when mounted. I'm using them on a chest 'video' tripod whichs makes a great lightweight portable set up and will work great in the camp chair... For me, I cant see the point in the 15x70's now...... Against, this pair has come slightly out of collimation [supposedly rare for these], so a new pair is on its way.

4.8lb with the chest tripod. 4.4lb without. The 15x70's weigh 3lb. Keep in mind extra mag, extra aperture and built in support bar and tripod adapter. Honestly excited about sitting in my camp chair with these. Great for daytime use too which is important to me...

Understandable... 15x70's are great. Personally, (found out today) the 20x80's are very hand-holdable, but others might perhaps struggle. The chest tripod is a super 'little' packaway monopod support which justs makes any similar or smaller bino even easier to use... Pop it in glove box small.

Well I really like my 8x42 Bushnell Legends, very clear views through them and light enough to hold up to the sky for long periods, very rugged and well built too. I had some 15x70s but they were far too heavy and felt not nearly as well built, in a different league really.

As its a recommendations title, gonna have to pull back a little on my enthusiasm... Just had a second pair delivered out of collimation so not so sure on QC... Supposedly the couriers fault??

Archived