Celestron Advanced C6 RGT Telescope

I have been pondering on a new scope, initially a dobsonian reflector, althought after thinking about it more my intrest has gone into photography, i have been reading a bit into it and mainly found that refractors are more suitable, firstly i would like a bit of advise for a quality refracting scope suitable for photography without spending the world (£1000 budget), i have found one (title) but have little knoledge on the right scope for the job, open to all suggestions. thanks david

• 2 weeks later...

I followed a similar route as you David, and ended up deciding on a C6 RGT over a dob as it's primary use will be for lunar and planetary viewing so it suits my needs, but be careful that you can cope with it's size as it's no lightweight of a scope, the yanks don't call it a yard cannon for nothing.

If you look hard enough on the you can find them for just over £1k, but you may find yourself wanting to extend that budget to add at least a few extra eyepieces and a barlow, if you look at my signature you'll see what I ended up with.

Hope this helps a little, feel free to PM me if you want to.

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/celestron-advanced-c6-r-gt-with-free-dvd_d3708.htmlnet

Archived