SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

North America Nebula - NGC7000 (Hubble Colors)

Greekastronomy

ngc7000.jpg

-> Telescope: LX200GPS 14" - Hyperstar 3

-> CCD: ATIK 314L+ (1,4mp)

-> Guiding Telescope: SkyWatcher 80ED Pro

-> Guiding Camera: Meade DSI 2

-> Guiding Software: PHD

-> Filter: Baader Ha (8nm), O3 (8,5nm), S2 (13nm)

-> Processing: MaximDl / CCDStack / PhotoShop CS5

-> Exposures: Ha, O3, S2 = 8hrs 45min

-> Date: 25, 28, 30 June & 1, 5 July 2011 (5 Nights)

-> Place: Athens Greece

HOO: Hellenic Online Observatory

GAC: Greek Astronomy Club

http://www.greekastronomy.gr

Thanks so much for all of your good words. I am happy that u like it and i wanna thank all the astronomers and scientist that had give to us (amateur astrophotographers) the opportunity to capture tha magic and and the wonders of the Universe.

The technique with the Hubble Colours came from the astronomers that work with Hubble telescope and use 3 kind of narrow-band filters (Ha=Hydrogen a, OIII= Oxygen 3 and S2= Sulphur 2). Its a unique way to capture this three amazing chemical components that can show all the details in a nebula. I use MaximDl to mix the three filters and Photoshop just for brightenings things up. Soon many more wonders will come.

I'm not usually keen on Hubble palette renditions, because of the pink/purple stars. This one has the pink and purple stars, but they are understated, and the cloud tones are so nicely captured as to make nothing else matter.

Thanks for sharing it. Any plans to mosaic some more of this nebula?

Archived