Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

stellarium goto ..trouble

hemihaggis

:confused:hi folks i am having trouble getting my sw 127 to work throught stellarium , i have read the tutorials on here and the bad news is they are now obsolete as we are on to version 6 ,not the 5 that is on here , any suggestions ???? :)

yes try a normal set up align ect once done put the scopeback to the home position and face in north then try use in stell to use have you checked stell is Recognizing the scope? and make sure the cables are in correct place

hope it helps

Ok, is the right com port being used when you go into the scope setup screen?

(I might even name the member )

I think the com port could be the problem.as I have to use a usb with adaptor , the com number will be different as from a serial port ? Cheers so far lol

In Windows device manager you will see comm ports listed as being used. From here you can go into stallarium and add the telescope under that comm port.

Start

Control Panel

System

Device manager

Comm ports ???

Yup - we had that trouble - finding the port - if you pull up the device manager list of ports (as per above) then plug the usb cable in - you'll see it suddenly appear (or disappear if you unplug it). Easy to spot :)

The problem I had was that the comuter revognised it being there but the software didn't. Turned out that the EQmod system only read Com ports 1-18 and the computer told me it was in Com port 23. Trial and error of every combination of cable connection between the pc and the usb hub was tried until I got it. I'd have got it soo.er if I accepted sod's law would dictate the most impractical and least tidy combination would be the one.

Archived