Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello everyone

redwardwilliams

Hello everyone,

Sorry to post here with a request for info straight away, but I need to pick some astronomy brains. I'm working on a book where one of the characters takes up astronomy in the 1990's in the north of England and I have a few questions it would be great to get answers to, such as what telescope would my character use, what astronomy magazines were available at the time, that kind of thing. Would anyone who was a keen astronomer in the 1990's be willing to answer any questions? All I can offer as a thank you is a possible acknowledgement in the book.

And sorry again to post just to try and steal your knowledge.

Rob

Luke and Jon

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello and welcome Rob. There should be plenty of advice and knowledge to choose from on here. People here are always happy to help others and answer any questions asked. Unfortunately not me as i've only been doing it for 6 months. Good luck with your book.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Astro Mags available: Astronomy Now, Astronomy, and Sky and Telescope were the ones I had access to back then.

Scopes: Meade, Celestron, Orion Optics, were all available.

HTH

Regards Steve

Archived