Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 BHaRGB!!!!

MartinB

Went out quite late on the 13th. Beautiful night with good transparency. Seeing was poor though so decided to get some binned RGB on M81. Unfortunately M81 was right on the northern meridian and the mount wasn't happy (huh GEMS, give me wedge :)). Went for M101 instead and got 40mins each of RGB binned 2x2. Next night tried to get the luminence but had a neighbour round for some observing with the NS8 and I didn't spot that the guiding was all over the place so that was 3 hours of junk. Spotted it at the end, tweaked the backlash and got just 30 mins of Ha binned x2. Had a gradient for the red LEDs on the dew strap splitter box!!

The colour is ok and I've used the most detailed channel (blue) as a luminence. Mixed in the Ha and I'm surprised to say the least, in fact i'm chuffed to chuffing bits! Now just itching to get out again and get some proper luminence - 3-5 hours worth with a CLS filter.

So - ED120 with SXV H9 BHaRGB

image.jpg

PS have posted this image and once again the dark end of the histogram has been clipped so a bit of background detail has been lost

Oh yes well done on that one Martin , a nice mix , and what an unusual lum , so blue came out pretty good as a lum then , interesting, so does that mean an 0111 would do a lum ok then , but anyway i like it , the outer detail is really good Martin, dont always get those outer arms to show much ,so excellent on that ,

I think its about time you had a web page ,so we can look back at these images ,

great work

Rog

Great image Martin! Really superb :)

I've got an idea for improving the quality of images on Isee Stars, in the mean time though, if you ever want to see just the original image without any processing or messing around then the address is: http://iseestars.net/image/8084/original/image.jpg

You can get the same for any image, simply replace thumbnail, large or normal in the address with original.

Cheers,

Grant

Martin, I've just changed the way Isee Stars processes images, the quality should now be as good as the original in the thumbnails and other sizes that Isee Stars produces.

Unfortunately, this change will only apply to new images you upload.

Cheers,

Grant

Archived