Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_globular_clusters_winners.thumb.jpg.13b743f39f721323cb5d76f07724c489.jpg

Uranium235

Half a Wizard

Not been sure whether to post this one from last Saturday because I havent got nearly enough subs to make a good fist of it. In addition the seeing was absolutely awful, spent most of the time shooting through thin, high cloud. I've got the feeling that this July will be exactly the same as last year.... total rubbish.

I had to process the pants off the final image to get anything decent out of it, so next time im out I will probably have to start from scratch on this. My original target for the evening was M8, but in those conditions it would have been impossible... never mind ey! I can wait :D

I thought the mount shot looked better than what I was actually shooting!

NGC7380: Wizard Nebula

8x450 (Ha)

ED80, Atik 314L+

attachment.php?attachmentid=63193&stc=1&d=1310403452

63090d1310295854-pictures-your-set-up-setup4.jpg

post-18171-133877632901_thumb.jpg

The framing and the clarity of the gas structures show real promise for future data grabbing on this one. Look forward to seeing it again when you get the extra subs.

Cheers,

Rich.

Well I like it...!

I know what you mean about seeing wrecking a session - Although only testing the effect of longer guide exposures last night, I was amazed at about 2am the amount of moisture in the air. The dew strips were working overtime but they managed to keep pace until about 2:45am when the guidecam lost its lock due to the mix of air moisture and streetlights turning the background orange... :D

I lost half my Wizzard RGB subs shooting through the same stuff, hey ho!

But you've made a good start, a few more subs will smooth it out.

Thanks guys :D Next time round it will be a better effort. But the omens dont look good for the rest of this week according to the mess office. Plus Mr shouty Moon is making a comeback now, so I'll be sticking to Ha for a while.

Nice one, that looks good considering the short subs!... like the picture of your setup as well :D

Edited by shaunster