Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wizzard Nebula

martin_h

Got some more subs for this last night, so this is a total of 8 hours Ha in 20 min subs and 8 hours of RGB in 10 min subs.

2 x ED80's and 2 x QHY9's - mono and RGB.

There is a bit of a gradient in the top left corner which I will sort out sometime.

post-16950-133877632406_thumb.jpg

Looking great mate and loads of data / time in there with great structure.

One slight critism is that it is looking a tad pinky and loosing some star colour in the background wih the Ha integration. I struggle myself adding in Ha to RGB

Top image though and with a little more processing, well can't wait to see it.

Very nice, I must have a go at that object.

That's a very starry background, to make it even better it might be a good idea to use a morphological transformation process (or similar) to reduce the impact of the background stars and bring out the structure of the nebula. Also some wavelets might be useful for making the dark structures more contrasty....

I hope you don't mind, I had a quick play with your image, to see if the nebula could be brought out a bit more and the background darkened a bit more...

Obviously there's no right or wrong with image processing, and I feel a bit cheeky taking someone's image without their permission, but I couldn't resist having a go. I'll remove it if you want, all credits to you for taking the original picture of course.

Now I must get out there and take my own subs of this nebula.

Thanks for posting.

post-16194-133877632679_thumb.jpg

Archived