SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Fireworks - lit!

ollypenrice

This is a full monty application of three hours' Ha to the previous LRGB rendition. For a final keeper I think I'd tone it down a bit but the hell of it here we go!

NGC6946 HaLRGB, TEC140/EM200 and Altair Astro115/iOptron IEQ45. Atik 4000 mono and colour. 12 hours data in all.

HaLRGB-Fireworks-galaxy-X2.jpg

Crop;

HaLRGB-Fireworks-galaxyCROP-X2.jpg

Olly

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's added a bit of zing to the red regions Olly.

Am I right in assuming that the Ha is added to the red at 100% opacity?

I think it looks good, and it's an artistic judgement that's involved.

On mine, I added it at 50%, but on my recent NGC4449, I added Ha at 100%.....it's what feels right at the time.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob, yes, that was added to red at 100% in blend mode lighten. In truth the Ha was not very good and needed new darks, which it didn't get because at 15 minutes it takes a bit of organizing when it is 32 degrees outside. I'm doing them now. I did keep a version at 50% too but was feeling a bit jazzy! On the French forum it has provoked a certain level of outrage but also won a few admirers so you never can tell. I won't make a habit of it but, this once, why not be a bit of a tart!

Olly

Well, that's what the camera found. Or cameras, actually, because the colour came from RGB in the mono and a one shot colour. The Ha regions are an add on but the star colours seem to me to confirm that it must be about right. Just a lot of it!!

Olly

So whats the verdict on the Altair mount by the way? Can't understand why this would cause outrage on an forum, I love it, super shot.

Tom.

Cheers Tom. Outrage, well I'm exaggerating maybe, but I got an earful over the saturation, that's for sure! It's a different culture on this side of the Channel with much more forthright constructive criticism. I quite like that, actually. You can learn more. Came as a bit of a shock at first till I got the feel of it.

Now I can't possibly tell you about the mount, can I? You'll have to buy the mag!

Olly

Archived