Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Last night's M101

shifter

I thought I'd give this galaxy a bit more time than I usually would......So here's the data.... 40x30s, 10x40s, 10x50s, 10x60s, 10x70s, 10x80s, 10x90s and 10x120s....all @ iso 400 with the canon 350d, processed using AA and Photoshop cs.

I think I've done it justice with the equipment available....Hope you like it......Brian

image.jpg

Mono

image.jpg

Colourised

Hi Brian , well the main thing with these or any images , is getting as much data as possible , this is done with what we call the luminance image , b/w is more sensitive and produces a far better base for colour , having said that the data you managed was good , but the colour not so good , far longer exposure is required for good colour images, so with yours i had a good colour image of m101, first i worked on the back ground of your image as it showed some gradiant , once that was done , i uploaded my image , and matched the back ground, then i used the colour data from my image by using layers to uplift yours , flattened and tweaked a bit on photoshop ,and that was it , you are doing fine ,just remember the more subs you can get ,the better data to play with. takes time , huge learning curve , but what fun eh , just look how CC and Martin have progressed, keep at it

Rog

Hmm, food for thought Rog, I think when I get my guide system up and running correctly and start taking flats things might get better eg longer exposures. I can only get 90s max at the moment...As ya say it is a huge learning curve and while I'm somewhere near the bottom I'm determined to climb it. Thanks for the info, its very much appreciated.....Brian

Archived