Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binoculars ?

Hi,

I am becoming more inclinded to purchase a set of binoculars as an aid to picking out targets before I slew my scope round to them. I know absolutely nothing about what to go for but with a birthday in a couple of weeks and nothing else in the Astro field in financial reach of my family I figured it was a good practical and affordable present.

So with these at a intro discount what do people think?

First Light Optics - Celestron Nature 10x50 Porro

As for what I'd like to see in them, the ISS when comes by would be nice.

Thanks for reading,

Justin

Hi Justin, reading the spec on these, they sound like they are better than entry level.

FLO are an excellent firm to deal with.

If it's 10x50s you are after, I would get them.

HTH, Ed.

Thanks Ed,

They seemed pretty good.

As for whether its 10x50s I'ma after that's a simple I don't know :) but I don't think I will go far wrong with these. As you say FLO are a great firm and if it's good enough for their website it's got to be good enough for me ;)

Thanks,

Justin

Can anyone piont me in the direction of an explaination (or give a quick summary here) of what the numbers are/mean when describing bins. I see another thread that refers to Celestron 15x70 so I'm now in two minds on what i should ask for fo rmy Birthday.

Archived