SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

1000D with filter removed

Merlin66

Anyone have a 1000D body with a full spectrum mod - i.e. where the filter has DEFINATELY been removed?

I have one, I bought as a "full spectrum mod" but on the spectroscope it is still showing a dramatic cut-off at 410nm.

I don't know if this is due to the remaining "dust" filter or that the camera I have has had the filter replaced with a UV-IR filter.

The only way of verifying either/ or is to test a camera which 100% definately doesn't have a filter.

I'll like to borrow a modded 1000D to test with the spectroscope.

I'll pay all costs. Or swap my body for a similar without a filter.

Can anyone help????

I previously had a 300D with the filter removed and it gave great results from 370nm well up into the NIR.

This one definately cuts off. (The Ha response is great but I need the extremes)

OK, Mystery is now solved!!

There are two filters in the newer Canon's an Anti Alias filter (dust shaker) - Filter #1 and then the colour correcting - Filter #2

The attached graphs show the bandwidth of each. If Filter #2 is removed ( the usual "full spectrum mod") it still leaves Filter #1 which is a very good UV-IR blocker. Hence my problem!

(This means if you get your Canon modded - you definately don't need an added UV-IR filter!)

post-15261-133877631097_thumb.jpg

Archived