Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A couple of galaxies from last night

Astrodragon

2 very nice shots there AD... 8) I'm betting theres bags more info to be brought out of those shots.. :)

We don't get too many M100's or The Sunflower Galaxy for that matter. I especially like the sunflower, beautiful detail..

Well done, and more of please!

Caz

Is it possible to see a galaxy with;

<SNIP> 4.5" F/8 reflector

thanks

Carl

Sure, but they won't look like much more than a slightly brighter area against dark sky/stars, and it takes a non-light polluted area to view from. Chuck Messier saw them all with a 3" scope, but his skies were darker. I've seen most of the M's with a 4.5" F/6, so it's possible.

Good luck!

<SNIP> 4.5" F/8 reflector

thanks

Carl

Sure, but they won't look like much more than a slightly brighter area against dark sky/stars, and it takes a non-light polluted area to view from. Chuck Messier saw them all with a 3" scope, but his skies were darker. I've seen most of the M's with a 4.5" F/6, so it's possible.

Good luck!

Given dark skies, all but 4 of the messier objects are visible in a 3" refractor....

http://www.celestron.uk.com/catalogues/view_item.asp?ItemID=30583&CatalogueID=272&CategoryID=3762

Cause that`s the scope i`ve got.

And i can`t make heads and tails of what the specs mean. :)

thanks

Carl

Sure you can see a galaxy with that scope mate.

M31 should be no problem at all (but it will just look like an oval fuzzie)

Archived