Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1318 Region in Ha

rich_t

Took this a few nights ago in Ha and hoping to add other channels to it when the clouds/rain move on:) Not sure I've got the levels/curves right at the moment though.

Taken with an Atik383 camera, Baader Ha filter (1.25") and Canon 200mm prime lens at f2.8. Exposure was 8*15min, processed in Astro Art 5.

Thanks for looking,

Rich.

post-13484-133877630026_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kevin, Guy and Steve. I've not tried the lens stopped down as I wanted to avoid the diffraction spikes you get with that, I should try it though to see what difference it makes to the star sizes (I did quite a bit of star reduction to try and make the nebula show more with this, I'd rather have just a handfull of stars left!).

The camera is attached to the lens using an adapter from 'Mogg Adapters'. I use the Starlight (T)-EOS adapter, I couldn't achieve focus with the initially supplied ATIK-EOS adapter. There is the slight issue that the T-thread on the adapter is deeper than the T-thread on the 383, which is quite shallow... the interface I have seems good though to me.

I have recently received the 1.25" filter holder that fits inside the adapter but not tried it yet, still using a DIY effort that I made while I waited for the holder to arrive.

Thanks,

Rich.

Nice to see images done with 'standard' camera lenses and CCD's

It always amazes me that you can point a camera lens at the sky with a 6 degree diagonal FOV and have nearly the whole image full of gas. Before I started long exposure astrophotography I never realised just how big these objects can be.

Cheers,

Rich.

Archived