Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Kaptain Klevtsov

First ever RGB - M81 and M82

Saturation is much better CC. Everyone's colour appreciation is different but to my eye it could do with a boost in blue at the expense of yellow. Think it would be quite something then.

CC,

I got lost in the tech [just a simple farmboy :)] but thought your first image was amazing......

Then scroll down to see the 'colour balance improvement' version, and am stunned by what I saw. :D

Top marks there! You could get lost in that image :)

Excellent image CC, really like that one. 8)

Andy.

CC as you know I'm fairly new to this hobby but in the short time I've been here I've watched your images go from good to excellent. Got to say though that this one is the cream of the crop, absolutely stunning. Credit to Rog for helping you along the way but as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water. You put a lot of work into this and By God it's showing now.

I hope you are not suggesting that I should drink more Zog? :)

"you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it do the washing up" is the line you were looking for I think?

Am I liking this new camera thing do you think?

Captain Chaos

Am I liking this new camera thing do you think?

Methinks you might be matey - y'gettin great results 8)

Saturation is much better CC. Everyone's colour appreciation is different but to my eye it could do with a boost in blue at the expense of yellow. Think it would be quite something then.

Webpage one is now blueified accordingly.

Captain Chaos

I asked CC if he could send me his images so I could have a try at processing them. The quality of the subs was very very impressive. Lovely round stars and so easy to pull out the detail. Balancing the colour was quite tricky but there are some beautiful Ha regions showing up in M81. So a big thank you for sending the subs to me CC. I hope I've done them justice.

image.jpg

You certainly have MB. And there is a very nice big version in my e-mail.

Thanks for processing it properly, looks like the ED80 is staying. And the 16HR, or Pinky as it's known here.

Captain Chaos

I don't know how can I missed this threat. Excellent image. Very vell done.

Saso

Thats a cracking job on that one CC , Martin certainly has adjusted that colour a lot better, m81 shows lovely detail , now the only thing is ,m82 looks a bit bland, not that i will do any better ,, was this maybe not enough colour data , but an excellent image ,and well worthy of cutting my ribbon on the Dome ehheheheh

Rog

Yes, there's more in M82 that hasn't come out in my edit. More play time needed.

Standing on the shoulders of giants Rog. That's what's done it. Without all your help I'd have packed it in months ago. Your advice and encouragement have been relentless, thanks mate.

Captain Chaos

Hi CC / Rog

LOL This is like listening to two GODS praising each other. I look up and watch in awe :) Here is a little comparison...

If my photography was described as this....

ARJ_103C.jpg

Your pictures would be...........

IvyMikeF335c10.jpg

:)