Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CANT STOP!

Daniel-K

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i hear you man!

got an etx for christmas saw a couple of things upgraded to an ls 8" saw some more, looked through a 10" dob and thought gotta have one of those!, now bought a 12" dob, ethos and nagler eyepeices meade wide angles,zoom lenses powermates you name it they can sell it to me,

even if i,m not really shore what i,m up to untill 2 to 3 in the morning!!

but you know what best time i,ve had in ages!!

enjoy

damn... i like this thread. makes me feel better i reckon all told i've spent maybe £600 on everything astro i own, since christmas. i though i had some ailment, that i couldn't stop spending. seems i was wrong. wow. some guys have bought a LOT!

btw, this might be like asking about sigle malt at an AA meeting, but melibum i noticed you have the 12mm BST explorer. how is it? i have the 8mm and really like it, and was thinking about getting some more.

the 12mm is great i can resolve m13 with it and from a dar site sprial strutcure in m51 sharp stars to the edge ver good im building up a collection of them. all the stuff in my sig has been bought in 2 months scary what i could have done with that money

thanks. i have the sw 200p as well, so should be good with mine. i just need to choose between the hyperion zoom (which has the advantage of convenience and being a nice 2"er) or for the same money, 4 bsts from skys the limit. hmmm. how do you find the tmb compares? i always thought the eyecup didn't look as nice.

i bought the tmb on a whim but has performed well on saturn made it nice and big in the fov with clear banding and cassini divsion very good for the price i paid it will be getting sold when i get the 5mm bst for the price the bst's are awsome alothough if they done a 32mm it would be even better but i have a 2" home made 32mm for that

Yep, £5k rings a bell.

I try and buy most stuff under the radar, but it often means saving up cash and paying by cash. Shops love me.

Just bought an SX Lodestar under the radar and as it's a bit like an eye piece, it shouldn't get noticed.

Started saving up for my next investment, but it could take many months.

I know what you mean,but i often think we dont really give our existing equipment much of a chance,before wer,e of again.

In saying that i had my last scope for about 15 yrs,before i upgraded to cheaper scope and better mount.

I am still using eyepieces that i bought in 1986.

Most of my latter expense has occured due to the purchase of second-hand imaging equipment.Now this can be a bit of a wallet buster.

Mick.

I know the feeling all too well. I bought the 13mm nagler and 24mm Panoptic this month along with a lumicon UHC filter

now hankering for the 7mm nagler and 35mm Panoptic...

The 13mm has only 2 hours first light and the 24mm Panoptic none...

A week of bad weather....

:) i'm sure televue will do you one with nice green writing on for £200

generally the tv plossl umbrella comes up secondhand for about 50 quid, but it only covers 50 degrees of sky.

I can sympathise with you all it is a terrible affliction.

How ever there are many individuals out there much worse off than you.

They are the ones with multiple auto upgrade hobbies.

I only have Astronomy, Photography, Computers, Electronics, Woodwork, Metalwork, DIY, Koi keeping to support.

There are people on this forum that are much worse off than that. Now they really need your sympathy.

er.... It was what the Borg (Star Trek) used to say before they assimilated anyone.

So my joke (or not) was keep away from Borg Telescopes as you will not be able to resist them.

Anyhow it sounded funny in my head :p

I will shut the door on my way out :D

Archived