SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CANT STOP!

Daniel-K

i cant seem to stop buying stuff at the moment just today i have bought a neximage webcam a 8mm bst ep and OIII filter now i find my self always looking at the forsale section and ABS is there some on here that can help me

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think of it this way:

An O-III filter costs less than a tank of petrol and can show you some of the most beautiful sights in the heavens - things that are otherwise invisible or very hard to see in your and my scopes.

Has that helped at all ? :)

i mostly reckon its because baby No 2 on the way and get it all bought before we have to start spending our spare money on new baby stuff got a few months before i need to stop spending and concentrate on the baby stuff then never mind looking for a bigger house!

I know who you feel I set myself a budget of £500 back in March and purchased my first scope (this time around) for £365. I have now spent nearly £5k :)

These light evenings and cloudy skies don't help either!!!

I have contemplated pm'ing one of the mods to have my access to the For Sale section removed

Since February when I started this hobby I have bought:-

Celestron 127 Goto Scope

Skywatcher 200 pds

Skywatcher 250 pds

Skywatcher 120

William Optics 80ED

Skywatcher 80 ST X 2

8 Baader Hyperions

Numerous Celestron EP's & filters

Numerous electronic odds/sodds

Netbook

Guide camera

DSLR Camera

HEQ5 Pro Synscan Mount

NEQ6 Pro mount

Meade DSI camera

4 man tent and everything needed for camping and so much more.

And so far all I have seen is Saturn, Jupiter, M42, M13, M3 and a few other clusters. This is what this past-time does to you. It gives you plenty of time to read/digest/learn/want and actual very little time to get under the stars :). Roll on Kelling/PSP/Salisbury/Galloway and SGL7

Oh, and an alarm for me shed!

:)

Since February when I started this hobby I have bought:-

Celestron 127 Goto Scope

Skywatcher 200 pds

Skywatcher 250 pds

Skywatcher 120

William Optics 80ED

Skywatcher 80 ST X 2

8 Baader Hyperions

Numerous Celestron EP's & filters

Numerous electronic odds/sodds

Netbook

Guide camera

DSLR Camera

HEQ5 Pro Synscan Mount

NEQ6 Pro mount

Meade DSI camera

4 man tent and everything needed for camping and so much more.

QUOTE]

That's 6 scopes in not as many months, wow I mean WOW:eek:;):eek:

Not all brand new top dollar surely?

i know the spending feeling well, for sale section and astro buy and sell should have warning notices put on them L.O.L

i kept a sheet of all the items i`ve bought and sold over the 2 years i`ve been addicted to this hobby and i could have bought a decent car with it.

just bought a megrez 72 today !

thats it no more !!!!

wife will kill me when she sees it

That's 6 scopes in not as many months, wow I mean WOW:eek::):eek:

Not all brand new top dollar surely?

Apart from the two mounts, William Optics and the 250 scope it was all new and with this weather it's stayed that way ;)

I've got the same ailment. Every time I think I'm there, something else grabs my attention ....... :)

Yep - understand that completely. It's difficult to resist grabbing a secondhand bargain even if there isn't an immediate need for it - you never know when it might come in handy.

I've tried setting myself an annual budget but this usually this gets spent by March. For the first time in 4 years though I'm actually on track - I know it won't last.

Would be nice if you could buy clear dark skies on demand.

Archived