sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Horizon The Moon

Nexus 6

Great, I never tire of TV programmes about the Moon.

For all the grief it can cause imagers, I think even they are quietly pleased it's there.

Make no mistake that big lump of real estate will play a big role in man's future in space.

Ron.

I have Freeview HD but unfortunatley BBC4 isn't in HD. You get BBC1,BBC HD,ITV1 HD and Channel 4HD.

I think both the BBC HD channels are technically superior to ITV and 4 (1080i for the beebs and 720 for the other two...I think).

Is it worth upgrading? Depends what you are coming from I suppose. If you had to get a new telly then yes, definatly get Freeview HD or if you know that your reception isn't the best then Freesat might be worth a look.

Jeremy

P.S. The Formula One looks good in HD!

Edited by Woody

Great, I never tire of TV programmes about the Moon.

For all the grief it can cause imagers, I think even they are quietly pleased it's there.

Make no mistake that big lump of real estate will play a big role in man's future in space.

Ron.

For some strange reason I thought you were going to say 'big lump of cheese' :) must be beer o'clock.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

As a side note, does anyone have freeview HD and is it worth it for this kind of program?

If this is too off topic feel free to delete my question, I can start a thread.

I have FreeSat HD with pretty much the same HD channels as FreeView. I think if I were looking to get a new box I'd get a HD bo while I was at it but if I had an existing, working box then I'd be in no mad rush to upgrade.

I enjoyed it too. Seeing the 60s and 70s presenters and the dire stuff that passed for graphics back then really demonstrated how far television technology has moved on. Nice to see James Burke. I was only aware of him from his "Connections" series in the early 80s(?) which I loved (and which my son watches with interest even today).

The thing I'd like to have seen covered more is quite how close to the edge both the US and the USSR ran in terms of safety and pushing insufficiently developed technology well beyond its understood limits. In the light of the achievement of actually getting men to the moon and back I think it's easy to gloss over the risks either nation was prepared to (and did) take with both men and machines.

James