Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Meteor found??

Abernus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope that one day you turn up something that has been whizzing round the solar system.

Thats just about anything and everything... Ain't we all "star stuff"

Unlucky this time .. keep looking... its been an intersting and informative thread... :D

I used to collect various coloured "slag" stones when I was a nipper... I suppose being in an area that was at one time the metallurgical capital of the world "Copperopolis" has its advantages... although its a lot greener now most of it has gone and the toxic waste cleaned up... Also a lot nicer knowing that the industrial Armaggedon chain reaction is no longer a reality...

Peter...

Wow such a responce on this thread, I never thought it would of attracted so much interest! It was gutting to find out it was not a meteorite but still it was fun.

Geoff: I have taken some photos but not happy with the way they turned out, the details is not as crsip as I was hoping for so will have another go tomorrow (hopping for natural light) also thanks for the offer of a real piece of a meteorite. I will probs get my mother to pop in next week during the day on my behalf as I will be at work until 19:00 :D This will be a real treasure and will add a little more to tell my son when he gets older. Can't wait. Will drop you an email over the weekend.

Again thanks all and I am glad I could of provided a bit of a story for you all.

Archived