Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_lunar_landings.thumb.jpg.b50378d0845690d8a03305a49923eb40.jpg

R Fisher

NGC 6888 NB

Imaged Thurs & Friday night, Ha detail was very strong and defined but spent all evening Friday on the OIII and managed just enough for a bi col image. Will keed the subs to add SII but may need to wait a month or two :)

post-18116-133877627414_thumb.jpg

Edited by R Fisher

Very nice capture! The OIII outer shell is just becoming to show through nicely (I'm assuming this an HOO image?). There's also some very nice nebulosity showing in the surrounding star field too...

(If you don't mind me asking, what scope / camera did you use for this... and what exposure details...?)

A very well defined NGC 6888, the nebula is quite bright though...

Nadeem.

Very deep Rob, showing the OIII nicely too.

I think you've overstretched the main nebula a bit though as some subtle detail is being lost.

Cheers

Rob

Very nice capture! The OIII outer shell is just becoming to show through nicely (I'm assuming this an HOO image?). There's also some very nice nebulosity showing in the surrounding star field too...

(If you don't mind me asking, what scope / camera did you use for this... and what exposure details...?)

Thanks for comments all,

AndyUK Scope: WO FLT132 Camera Atik 4000 Mono.

Ha was quite bright and needed 8 * 400S subs at Bin1.

OIII subs were Bin 2 - 10 * 600S.

Have some more OIII from last night but I blended a master OIII from last year and it has improved the image.

Cheers

post-18116-133877628459_thumb.jpg

That's cracked it Rob.....great stuff :)

Hi Rob - Thanks for the info... and I agree with the other two - This version is superb!