Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Some Help Would be most Appreciated....

....Hi fellow SGL folk.

I have a bit of a quandary and would like some advice from you good folk.

Im looking to get a self centring adapter (SCA) for my setup so I can ensure that I reliably get my camera centred in the eye piece holder.

I have a 250p DS scope and when Imaging I use a MPCC. The photos below show how I currently attach my MPCC to my camera:

MPCC Screws into T Ring

digz-albums-kit-equipment-picture12154-t-adapter-mpcc.jpg

T Ring with MPCC attaches to Camera

digz-albums-kit-equipment-picture12155-d200-mpcc-connected.jpg

These complete setup then slides into my scopes draw tube and I can achieve focus.

The quandary I have is whether to go for the 1.25" or 2" version, and whether I can get a SCA to work with my setup as detailled below and sill achieve focus etc.

TIA for any and all help offered.

Not sure about the focusing issue, but it would need to be the 2" version... With a chip as large as the ones on dSLR's the 1.25" would give you vignetting in the corners.

Cheers

Ant

There is a SCA from Orion(USA) available from SCS astro but this goes from 2" nose piece to 1.25" fitting on the camera side. This will give you vignetting with the DSLR camera. It would be better to have a screw fitting on the focuser so that it will be orthagonal. Doesnt the 250PDS have a direct camera fitting ?

Thanks for the input guys. I guess the 1.25" wont be ideal if it will introduce vignetting on my DSLR!

As far as I am aware the 250p DS doesn't have a direct connection. The 1.25" EP holder unscrews allowing the T ring to screw directly into this. But I cannot use the MPCC (at least I don't think I can in this way?)

This set up is then secured in the draw tube with 2 screws. I suppose what I am wondering now is whether the 2 screws used could potentially mean the camera is off centre and / or not square.

To use the MPCC, which I will to prevent coma etc, then the whole assembly shown above slots into the draw tube (like the 1.25" disassembled EP holder would) and is, again, secured with 2 screws.

Archived