Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

noakesy

great night

went out last night ,first time in ages, stayed out all night saw loads and at about 2.30 jupitor came up to show her self off. viewed her and saw 4 moons , it was lovely great feeling to stand there on my own ,in a world of my own, quite peace and quite mmmm. :)

Glad you had a good peaceful evening. Saw big Jupe myself the other night. Didn't swing the scope over, as I was after DSO and big Jupe just ruins your dark adaption, when he blunders into the eyepiece. Will give him a bash next time I'm out though.

Regards Steve

I finally had a free morning so could commit to a nights observing. Feel worse the wear for it now but had a great night. Forcast is looking good for another session tonight :)

I had a decent night too last night. I finished about 01:30am though. Maybe if it's clear tonight I'll do an all nighter.

I wish I had the chance to get out of the cities lights for a nights obs but oh well soon enouugh.

Good luck all and I'm crossing fingers for clear skies for you.

Jonathon.

I was out as well..it was clear and surprisingly dark..saw NGC 6702/6703 in Lyra..Two little galaxies..The brightest in Lyra...Also looked at M27 that dumbell..lovely..Went in at 12 so missed Jupiter!

Mark

I was out too, trawling through the rich clusters in Sagittarius area, saw some NLC. I forgot Jupiter was rising and packed away just as it came up.

And for the second time in one week, I managed to miss a bright, slow-moving meteor (at least -1/-2 magnitude). I'd just looked up from the eyepiece, and caught it's last fraction as it faded away. The same thing happened Sunday night... :)

I was out as well..it was clear and surprisingly dark..

Funny you say that as I had an obvious hint of Milky way over head despite being plagued by two near by St lights.