SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First good nights viewing in about a month.

SoulFrenzy

Ahh it felt good to finally get out under the dark sky for a few quality minutes. I viewed Saturn and I am still as much in awe of Saturn now as the first time I viewed it. I also resolved the Izar double star. Now that was cool. I kept increasing the mag to finally it was split and I could barely make out the tiny blue star. The color difference was cool. Then I went on to old faithful... M13. What a sight. I actually called my mom down from next door to show it to her. Its a magnificent sight.

Ah, gutted about last night, didnt clear properly until 1.30am, by which time I had enjoyed a couple of beverages which made me verrrrrry sleepy. When I did put my head out, the sky was crystal clear, very transparent, very steady. I could make out the Cygnus rift, something very rare here in Coventry, and also all points of Ursa Minor, I can't usually see the mag 4.3 star.

Good as it was, I missed it :)

Tim

Archived