Narrowband

M81 and M82 single frame

So I got a bit better last night (before the dew messed it all up and I had to go to bed). Now I need some RGB stuff to plonk on top of it.

image.jpg

This is a rough process to see what's in there, I don't want to do too much until I've got the colours as well, but it's looking good so far :) :)

20 subs unbinned at 10 minutes, Atik16HR plus CLS on the ED80 guided on a HEQ5 mount. Watch this space, as they used to say.

Captain Chaos

Brilliant CC. Shows the value of serious exposure time. The stars are looking great - have you had to do much in the processing or was the guiding keeping things tight. Will hopefully be on for some RGB tonight. M82 will need a bit of seperate treatment in the processing to stop all the lovely detail in the core blowing out. Have you tried layering M81 to preserve a bit more or the core? After the RGB it will be worth getting a good amount of time in Ha - there are some nice zones in M81 but it would be great if you could pick up the starburst from M82.

The ED80 looks just about perfect for framing this pair. It's going to be one for the mags!!

After the RGB it will be worth getting a good amount of time in Ha - there are some nice zones in M81 but it would be great if you could pick up the starburst from M82.

Starburst? What's that then? never heard of it :scratch: :scratch:

Captain Chaos

http://stardate.org/resources/gallery/gallery_detail.php?id=136

A couple of hours of Ha should show some of that stuff up.

Cool! I'll do a bit of that as well then if I get a chance.

Dropped the tribe off at their Tae kwon Do class just now, so I'm free to finish making the dewstrips and set it all up ready. Start it all going after a feed, should be good if the cloud gods feel appeased.

"Praise the clouds, praise the clouds, praise the clouds."

Captain Chaos

Archived