Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Strange Meteor

Just wondered if anyone noticed this on Saturday night?

I happened to be just North of London in Welwyn Garden City with some friends on Saturday night watching the eclipse. Very shortly after totality a rather bright meteor travelled almost overhead from North to South about 30 degrees to the East of the Moon. It was strange because it appeared to be two distinct objects and there was no trail! I've never seen anything quite like it before...anyone else see it ?

The international space station has been doing the orbits over the UK for a few days now around the time of the eclipse. I think she is also being trailed by a russian soyuz craft hence the double view. But saying that, at the time of writing it is currently south of Australia. But would be the best bet to be honest. You can subscribe to free satillite information from NASA at

http://science.nasa.gov/RealTime/JPass/PassGenerator/help.html

Strange though, as a few weeks ago me and the good lady were in the garden talking with a neighbour and watched a pretty bright object scream across the sky, it then came to a grinding halt, then shot off north at lightning speed. It was neither a helicopter and certainly not a fixed wing aircraft. A few days later someone in the local rag wrote in asking if anyone else had seen this thing. Well personally i am of the opinion there are things out there and living in Wiltshire this is prime space craft territory. I knew all along that stonehenge and avebury were spacecraft navigation points.

Archived