SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AHHHHHH Bottom fell out of maplins case

jnc71106

cant believe the bottom just fell out my maplins case luckily the foam stayed in place. and now they are back up to £35 think thats called s#ds law. maybe need to look at getting a slightly better made case as seeing inside the maplins one now its broke doesnt fill me with confidence

jake

it was probably just one of those things tbh considering the amount of people on here that have them you will always get a few that arent quite up to scratch

however i will be getting something a bit more sturdy to replace it. not sure my heart would cope with that happening again

Try one of these

High Impact Case Large Free Delivery : Flight Rugged Cases : Maplin

Yes a bit more money but absolutely bomb proof. No chance of it falling apart; it's like a poor mans Peli case. Also has two layers of pluckable foam.

yes was just looking at that one does look a lot better dont mind the extra money considering what its got inside

Stargazer

I used to use one of those 'peli copies' to store my cameras and lenses whilst covering sports events. They are not that good. Yes, the peli cases are more expensive but they are worth it in the features they offer and the build quality.

Just an observation....

Hi

I use two Maplins ABS "Heavy Duty" cases - one for eyepieces/optics and one for my HEQ5 mount.

It mkes the HEQ5 easy to carry, but only usually out to the car. Wouldn't like to push my luck any further, but it protects it well.

I have lined it with carpet which gives me a spare foam set for the eyepiece case. Having said all that, I've not seen them in Maplins recently.

I got one of maplins " high impact cases" for my ST-80 at the weekend.

It's fairly decent, though obviously not up to pelican-case standard but who can afford to collect those? For the price, it's good, and the perfect size for my "starter kit".

One word of warning, the two layers of foam don't necessarily align perfectly, but it is possible to be neat if you take a bit of time over it. (assuming neatness is important to you)

Archived