Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Orion Magnificent Mini Autoguider Package

Hey Blue,

Just got one in the mail today. Im waiting for a clear night to test it out. Im using a CG5 mount with PHD guiding. I started a thread similar to yours, Im curious if anyone here has tested it out as well. It is extremely light compared to the larger guidescopes out there. My mount maxes out at 35 lbs, making it a perfect combination. However, it doesnt support ASCOM as far as I know. Im hoping in the next few weeks I can post some thoughts and pics once the skies clear up.

The guidescope is basically a very nice finder scope. It would be nice to have a small refractor attached to your scope, I believe Orion's alternative is a 90mm refractor with the starshoot. But honestly, Im focused strictly on autoguiding and I dont need another scope at this time (not to mention my mount would probably collapse). My girlfriend is pretty happy I didnt spend a small fortune on another scope. Go with what your wife prefers ;)

Archived