Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Ant

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be tempted providing that we have plenty of work as it's all very quiet there at the minute. I do however have a folding caravan & if I come alone I may need some help unfolding the roof & side panels if nobody minds helping me that is. :p

Sounds good to me Mike, Most of the setting up I can do myself it's just the unfolding of the roof due to the weight. I managed it once but it's not something I would want to do again.

All being well I'll definitely be attending this year, after having a great time at SGL6 I'd be stupid not to!

I doubt the dob will be coming with me this time, it was way too much hassle last year with transporting and trying to store it my little tunnel tent. If anything I'll just bring my binos and tripod for viewing. Packing light means I should easily be able to take the train or more adventurously cycle down on the touring bike, I've done that kind of distance before (Crewe to Shell Island) and I'd love to do it again.

You have not missed anything. A booking facility will be setup in good time for the event. There is a lot going on behind the scenes on the forum and it's all done voluntarily so it has to fit in amongst a plethora of other unrelated priorities of course.

Things are in hand though so don't worry :(

If memory serves me correct, last year it was around £12 - £15 per night, plus the option of some food at around £6 per meal - depending on the length of stay, £50 - £75 should cover the weekend

Hi Tom,

Good to see that you are coming to SGL7.

Anybody leaving cans of Guinness behind in my tent at SGL6 is more than welcome to use my dob, so don't worry about bringing your own astro gear

The bicycle may be useful for generating power for my dew control equipment.

See you there.

Cheers

Adrian

Hi Tom,

Good to see that you are coming to SGL7.

Anybody leaving cans of Guinness behind in my tent at SGL6 is more than welcome to use my dob, so don't worry about bringing your own astro gear

The bicycle may be useful for generating power for my dew control equipment.

See you there.

Cheers

Adrian

Hah forgot about those cans, I didn't feel much like drinking that weekend and I'd thought you'd like them more than me. I do like Guinness very much but I felt like laying off the booze for the weekend, not sue how beer goggles affect night vision :)

A kind offer to let me use your equipment to view through, I may bring a few choice eyepieces along, the 28mm UWAN for instance. As long as I can load the bike as lightly as I can and not splurge on a big refractor like last year I should be fine.

I know this is a bit of a stupid question, but to those living local to the event, whats the likelihood of clear skies there in March? Is the weather there fairly reliable? A stab in the dark, I know. Just thought I'd ask!

Also, whats the light pollution like in the area? Is it considered a "dark site"?

Archived