SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Ant

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably limited by number of pitches rather than a specific time.

-- Perry Ismangil

We didn't fill the site last year - but we did come very close to filling the space allocated to us.

The site are very accommodating and have agreed to give us more room if we need it. I think it would be very surprising if we filled the site completely.

Cheers

Ant

I can't remember if I've replied for this so I'll post anyway! I'm up for Fri to Sun with leccie as usual. I'll book closer to the time if that's OK?? I want to be sure I'll definitely be going, barring accidents, health etc!

I'm soooooo excited! ;)

Alexxx

Well I hope to get to this. I've not been to a star party since before kielder obs was being opened. I managed to sample the sky down that way during August, whist at a canoe camp. I've got to say, for me it was amongst the darkest clearest skies I've seen in the UK. Scutum star shield was marvellous. So fingers crossed for clear skies, even if I fail to attend.

Would love to go, fairly new to this so it would be an experience.

I have put it in my diary anyway so fingers crossed there is enough space.

Would just like to say I am enjoying reading all the posts on this site very interesting and sometimes very funny.

Great community

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
would like to go but i think it will be a bit scary going on my own

Don't worry the last one was my first SGL.. I had a great time.

Just make sure you close the tent or you'll get a visit from the native mafia (the ducks).

Hey Chunky, I went to my 1st meeting, PSP2011, in October on my own and I too was scared - there was nothing to be scared of! I met some amazing people and struck up a great rapport with my neighbour.

It's good to do the things that scare you, it makes you grow.

I'm up for this event, so hopefully I'll see you there.

I can echo altruythm's comments. The PSP was my first starparty. I was there with my 7 year old but suspect that for SGL I'll be there by myself. No matter what, your next door neighbours will be keen to chat and help out and noone minded being approached to say hello.

I went to Kelling Heath in the autumn for my first star party (all by myself!) and everyone I met from SGL was most friendly.

Even the higher powers (daz I'm looking at you :icon_salut: ) who didn't send me on my way when I went stumbling through their area looking for a free cuppa and my hat late in the evening :p

Archived