SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGL7 - Dates confirmed.

Ant

Guys,

I've been given the Go Ahead from work to book tickets for this event :):):(

Now my serious problem, I'll either be down the South Atlantic or the Persian Gulf when its time to book. Is there a way to book now, or, before August 20th ?

If not, no doubt the spaces will have gone when I return.

Fingers crossed, Ed

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
What are the pitchs like at the campsite,, im going to bring my caravan

I've bought my van to the past 2 SGL star parties - the pitches are great, as is the site as a whole :)

I don't bother with the awning as it's just me but there would certainly have been room for one if I'd had the inclination.

I work on the Rotherwas Industrial Estate, next time im days im gonna pop over the campsite for a look,i might take the kids there in the summer hols for a long weekend

Taffy it is a very nice site and as you say a quick drive from Rotherwas. When you go to Lucksall pop into the office to say hello they are very pleasant. You will see the SGL calendar on the wall :smiley:

Look forward to meeting you.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I have never been to any type of group viewing before, only ever viewed alone from my back garden, and as such have also never viewed from anywhere without the LP that I get living on a huge housing estate 5 miles from centre of Cardiff and 3 miles from a floodlit driving range open til gone midnight...

I have also never viewed thru anything more substantial than my meagre 130p and would love the chance for the combination of expert knowledge, dark skies and a quick peek thru some of the better gear some of you guys have...

But alas I dont do camping, I hate it, I like my creature comforts when it comes to sleeping, like a roof and a bed...!!! Always have!!

I have been camping many times in the past and always ended up sleeping in the car halfway thru the night...

So cant justify the outlay for things I dont own that will never get used again, like tent, bag, etc just for a nights use..

So does anyone come along just for the social activites/viewing and then go??

As its only about an hour or so drive for me really, whats the general score/attitude towards just turning up in the car on the Fri or Sat afternoon, and spending the later day/eve and most of night there, before heading off in the early hours when everyone starts to pack it in for the night???

Does anyone do that, or is it frowned upon???

Archived