Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SkySafari 3 Pro half price

Dave Smith

• 7 months later...

From Bob Barnes (new member)

Re the SkySafari app (pro) - excellent.

My problem is trying to get it to 'talk' to my HEQ5 Pro mount.

Lots of attempts with a range of 'scope types' from the 'list'.

Set up as a German Equatoriol mount using the SkySeek wifi control item.

A wifi network connection is reported but 'scope not responding'.

I have tried aligning the scope at the start.

Nevertheless, it is still a sound item of software.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob, had the same issue with mine. It states your connected to the Starseek network but I was not fully, had to manually configure the ip address in network settings.

Then test connection using a web browser or the option in the Skysafari software, if you see the test page with option to change the wep key then it works for mount control after star alignment. Only have this issue with my macbook not the ipad 2, it also changes my normal network configuration to my broadband supplier, so then that requires resetting. Still once you have it working it will be worth it. :)

The iad2, software and wifi module work flawlessly together.

Settings I use are Skywatcher Synscan and German equatorial.

The other thing I have noticed is to use freshly charged high power batteries. 2450mahAA

Nice one. :) Bob one issue with the supplied cables you should be aware of is some of them go into the wifi unit, click, then refuse to come out when you try. This has happened to me and a few others, so I have left it in for good. The connection to the hand controller has no isssues.

Hope it stays clear for you tonight, please let us know how it goes.

Hi David

Just got indoors - wating for my hands to unfreeze!

BUT - all went well. Very bright sky - Mars and Jupiter excellent. Venus had set.

The kit worked a treat. Sighs of relief all round.

If my wife would just let me chop down that conifer (facing south) I would have finished off with some lovely views of Orion!

Cheers

Bob

Archived