Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

advice please

Hi All

I have just been browsing on amazon and came across a 0.965 to 1.25 adapter, as you can see from my sig I have a 60mm frac which uses the old 0.965 eyepieces I use it now and again and I am thinking of using it when I go on holidays in our caravan I just wonderd if I would lose anything or would it make the views better.

Hi Keith

I would imagine that anything that allows you to use 1.25" eyepieces in a 0.965" focuser would be of great benefit.

Those 0.965" eyepieces were of very dubious quality to say the least.

Regards Steve

You might find it difficult to achieve focus as the 0.965"/1.25" adapter moves the EP lens further away from the focal point. It's been a while since I tried using mine but I seem to recall I couldn't achieve focus with 6, 12 or 20mm EPs (which, coincidentally I bought with the adapter from Scopes 'n Skies a couple of years ago.

If you send me a Private Message you can have mine for free as I'm only likely to use my old 60mm refractor for webcam work

Paul

Archived